Surprise for Mama


It was her birthday and my wife had a packed work schedule for the entire week. She couldn't get any days off. So, I figured to give her the 'gift of time'; To ease her week by getting rid of the hectic of traveling to and from work.

Two weeks prior, I booked a room in one of the newest hotels in town, which is located an LRT-station away from where she works. That weekend, I secretly packed a bag for the wife and kids. No one in the house had any idea.

On the day itself, I told my wife I was gonna have to work late. I rushed home at about 3 PM, finished packing, grabbed the kids, bought some balloons and waited to surprise my wife at the LRT station.

And it worked! She was totally flabbergasted and her face beamed with pleasure.

My wife managed to get a half-day off work the following day. So, we went to the KL Tower Mini Zoo, which was surprisingly quite enjoyable. We got to peacefully enjoy Dinosaurs Alive at Matic on the very next day, which was a public holiday (Deepavali).

We spent 3 nights there and utterly enjoyed the heated indoor pool. The room was big enough for the four of us and I personally like the convenience of having a kitchenette with a microwave in the room. Element Kuala Lumpur is definitely in our list of staycation destinations.
Previous Post Next Post