Sweet, Sweet Victory

I did not blog about this earlier, but I entered myself in a singing competition hosted by my company. I decided to go for a duet instead because I'm still learning to overcome my stage fright when performing solo. The audition was about a month ago and we performed I Want To Spend My Lifetime Loving You by Marc Anthony and Tina Arena. A special thanks to my wife for suggesting the song and for being our "Simon" during our practice sessions. The final took place yesterday at Red Box Plus @ Pavilion KL from noon to about 5 PM. We picked to sing an English/Italian song called The Prayer by Andrea Bocelli and Celine Dion. It's a very beautiful song with a great melody and according to Dayang Nurfaizah, our voices blend-in very well with each other and the song. To our surprise, we were announced as the overall winner. We beat 13 other contestants; 10 soloists and 3 groups. We got RM250 worth of shopping vouchers and a challenge trophy, which will have our names engraved on it as the first winner of the competition. We will also be performing a song at the company's annual dinner event on the 4th of December, alongside Mizz Nina. How cool is that? I'd like to thank Nazia for being a great partner and for lending her voice to a great final performance. Now, what we need to do is to figure out a song to sing at the annual dinner event, which is only like 3 weeks away!
I am so proud of myself right now. I got loads of compliments and people told me that they've never heard the song before, but loving it now. Some of them even wished that they could listen to more of my singing. Plus, Ally's manager (who is a lady, by the way) thinks I'm charming and Ally himself said our performance was "Best gile!" It was a great day. I'll try to share the video of the final performance soon.
Previous Post Next Post