Free Lunch

All 9 of us (together with Fadli, Nazriq, Max, Zulhimi, Aiman, Anje, Abot, and Hisyam) had our lunch at a Korean restaurant today. It was our first time there, except for Max since he's been there twice before. In fact, he was the one who suggested to eat there when we found out that Your Choice Restaurant (also famously known as "Vietnam") was closed to public today. While others ordered some traditional Korean cuisines, I, on the other hand ordered a plain shrimp fried rice because I seriously had no idea what to order. Plus, it was cheap. So, we waited more than half-an-hour for our food to finally arrive. Everyone else got what they ordered but me. So, I thought, "What's taking her so long to prepare one simple shrimp fried rice? I'm sure others' are much harder to prepare, with the baby octopuses, stir-fried squids, a seafood soup served on top of a stove, etc."

So, while waiting for my fried rice, I "tasted" some of the guys' food since they were insisting. 20 minutes passed by and I was still food-less, and my stomach's getting full. Now, I'm sure she's forgotten my order. After everyone's done with their food, she came out to distribute the checks when she realized that she totally forgot about the fried rice. So, I said, "It's alright. I already ate." She kept apologizing and asked, "What did you eat?" And, Hisyam replied, "He ate everything!" So, there. That's how I got my free lunch today.

And, last night, we were having a karaoke party over at Aiman's place. It was craaazeyh, I tell'ya. We kept singing the same songs over and over because Aiman didn't have enough minus-one songs that we can sing along to. It was fun because it's been ages since the last time I lose my voice because of karaokeing too much, too hard. It sure was funny listening to everyone singing their heart out, and one sure thing I won't forget was when Nazriq said "Tangkap Lontok". I'm sure we all know what he was actually trying to say. And, instead of "hingga ke akhir hayat", Nazriq's version was "hingga ke akhir ayat". Hehe!
Previous Post Next Post