Of Traffic Summon and Bribe

I got pulled-over while driving home from work today. That was my second time since I started driving in Malaysia. Both times I got away from the traffic summon by bribing the officer. "How about a ten?" I said. He insisted more since there were 3 of them. So, I slapped them a twenty and they were more than happy to accept it. There goes my twenty, probably paying for their dinner tonight.

I was so dumb to change lane across a double line when I clearly saw the police car behind me. The moment I realized it, it was too late. I know bribing is bad and the guilt would probably hunt me for the rest of my life. The last one still is. But, what was I to do? I'm so broke and at the moment I was being pulled-over, the only thing I was thinking of was how much money I have left in my bank account.

Could someone please teach me how to get away from these "people" by neither paying the summon nor bribing? A female friend of mine once got away by bribing the officer with her fake cellphone number - after the guy asked her for it, of course. I guess that could work for a hot chick like her. What about average guys like me? What can we bribe them with besides cash?

This reminds me of a scene from Friends, where Ross got pulled-over and tried to get out of it by acting all sexy and seductive, the way Rachel did when she got pulled-over earlier. Remember that?
Previous Post Next Post