Tips On Wedding Invitation Card Design, Part I

My best friend is getting married this November. So, it's only natural for the best man to accompany the groom-to-be to the wedding invitation card store. We spent like an hour there last Saturday and he finally made up his mind on the card design he wanted -- with my advise, of course. I think I've seen enough and I am very confident to give you the following tips on how to choose the card for you big day. I might sound like some infamous professional first-class ass, but I meant every word I say.

First of, do not go for the fancy, multi-colored, extravagant-looking card. Remember, simple is perfection. Trust me when I say two-color scheme will work like a charm. A little bevel here and there won't hurt. Do not overdo it. Choose colors that are easy on the eyes. Not too many words, but enough info.

Unless you're these two, do not put your photo(s) in your wedding invitation card. Colored photos are even worse! If you still insist, choose only the most appropriate photo -- singular. Do not put old baby pictures and force people to guess which one's you. Do not put photos of you and your bride or groom-to-be taken on your countless dates.

If it's not a clown wedding, do not give that impression to people thru your invitation card. The colors you pick either for the inside or the outside of your card are equally important. Font color should be standard, legible and looks neat on the colored paper of your choice. Shiny fonts belong on the front cover of the card.

Look out for Part II coming soon!
Previous Post Next Post