In South Perth



I'm in South Perth and staying at Assured Waterside Apartments. South Perth is across the Swan River and overlook Perth City. I went for a jog last Sunday and the view is just breathtaking. How I wish I have my DSLR with me right now.

I also went for a walk in the city last weekend. It was okay, nothing special about it. I left the apartment in the afternoon and was surprised to find that by 5 PM, all the shops and malls were already closed. You think that's weird? Some malls in the suburbs even close on Sunday.

It's spring over here now, but the weather has been quite cold since the time I arrived and it's been raining a lot. I keep my jacket on even when I'm indoors.

The company provides me with some cash for my daily expenses. I like going to the grocery store and buy stuff with the company's money. I feel like a kid again, spending the parents' money. Lol. There are two halal restaurants near my place and they both serve great food.

Work has been great. A bit slow, but it will pickup when I get back to KL. I am learning a lot and can't wait to get started. The company provides me with a car for me to commute daily. Unlike KL, driving in Perth is a breeze even during rush hours. A lot of traffic lights along the highway, but still no traffic jams. Amazing!

Obviously, I miss my family. This is the first time we are apart this long. I can't wait to go home and see them this Friday.

Previous Post Next Post