In Ho Chi Minh

This is my second trip to a foreign country after leaving my old job. I'm not complaining, I'm just informing.

I arrived in Ho Chi Minh City yesterday late afternoon. I'm here for meetings in the CBD and Vung Tau. This is my first time in Vietnam and I am quite thrilled to be here. I am at Bong Sen Hotel, but will be checking-out shortly to catch a ferry to Vung Tau.

Sitting in the cab from the airport to the hotel, I was thankful that I wasn't the one in the driver's seat. Motorcyclists here are just crazy! Literally. They will come to as close to your vehicle as possible and turn whenever and whichever way they want. They seem fearless and aren't afraid to get hit.

Honking is a regular thing here. I think the driver honked like 50 times when I was in the cab. There are lots of women on scooters too. The city is busy, but no traffic jams and traffic lights are very rare here.

Very different, definitely. Very exciting.

Previous Post Next Post