Cov-Eid Mubarak



Selamat Hari Raya, Maaf Zahir & Batin, everyone!

When it started, I didn't think the MCO is going to last this long. I was really hoping to go back to Penang to spend Hari Raya with my folks and relatives, whom I haven't seen for 2 years. But indeed, Allah has a better plan.

This year, we had neither sparklers nor fireworks for Hari Raya. We usually buy ours at the Ramadhan bazaar. So, since there was none this year, we didn't know where to buy them. Unfortunately, we're not very resourceful parents when it comes to this sort of thing.

We had a cleaner over for the past 3 days to clean the house. Yes, she took 3 whole days to clean all 3 levels of our house! I helped to clean the living and dining areas yesterday. Else, she would still be cleaning today.

So, it was the first raya morning. I led my first Eid prayer and delivered my first khutbah to the family. It was simple, intimate and calm. Alhamdulillah. We then had a video call with my in-laws, who were in Melaka, Ipoh and Singapore.

It was an unconventional raya morning, an experience I'll remember for the rest of my life.

On the first day of Hari Raya, we are allowed to have up to 20 guests at any one time. We had 7. They were my parents, my sister, and my sister-in-law and her family. Kids enjoyed having them around since it has been quite a while since we had visitors over.

Although the number of guests we had was only a handful, we prepared varieties of dishes. Chicken rendang, ketupat, beriyani and Udang Raya Masak Kuning, just to name a few. My wife even made vadai. Yes, vadai! It's non-traditional, but who cares. They were delicious!

All the raya cookies (except for the pineapple tarts) were also home-made. Not in an excessive amount, but enough for everyone to thoroughly enjoy them.

How was your first day of Hari Raya?
Previous Post Next Post