Ramadhan Unlike Any Other



Ramadhan Mubarak, everyone.

This Ramadhan is unlike any other. Because of the Movement Control Order (MCO), there are no Taraweeh prayers at the mosque/surau, no pasar Ramadhan and no iftar invitations. It's a hard lesson for us to not take simple things for granted.

But there's one thing I don't miss and that's the crazy traffic jams going to work and coming back home everyday!

There are good things that come with MCO, too. For me, I get the opportunity to lead the Taraweeh prayer at home for my family for the first time. I don't memorize the entire Juz Amma. So, here I am, reading the Quran every night during Taraweeh. Well, at least I won't be repeating the same surah every night.

Also, today marks the day Ayra fasted from dawn until dusk for the very first time. And she's not even 7 yet! However, during iftar, she complained of a tummy ache and suddenly threw up after taking a few sips of sirap and some rice. She then had some Oreo's and bread instead. Poor Ayra. But she's fine.

So, how was your first day of Ramadhan?
Previous Post Next Post