A Gift That Literally Sucks



I got my wife a steam iron for her birthday. She then got me a cordless vacuum for mine. Well, actually, I asked for it. It's a Dyson Cyclone V10 Absolute and it is amazing!

I guess we're not one of those typical married couples who give each other expensive cars and ostrich skin handbags for birthdays.

The cordless vacuum is the single most frequent appliance used in our household. We've been using a Karcher for more than 2 years now and it is getting tired by the day. It is heavy, doesn't suck as well as it did when we first bought it, unreliable and can't be used on carpets.

We also have a heavy duty vacuum cleaner, which is only used by the cleaners when they come over every fortnight. I shared about it here. This one's huge and extremely heavy. Definitely not for everyday use.

What I Love About My Dyson

The design is obviously not something to be overlooked. Its colors make it look nothing like a vacuum. It is very light, which makes it easier for the kids to use. Yes, our kids do the vacuuming daily. The suction is impressive, even at its low speed. It cleans effortlessly on hard surfaces as well as carpets.


It is also very easy to use; to connect and disconnect the tools and every part of its body. And I am glad how easy it is to empty the barrel. Everything can be taken apart and washed. My favorite feature is the docking station. It is neat, slick and it works!

I may sound like a salesman, but having this actually makes my life easier. The house is cleaner and when everything's clean, I'm happy. See, I'm not that hard to please!
Previous Post Next Post