Another Ramadhan at Home

Who would've thought we'd be spending another Ramadhan locked up at home. At least, this year, the government allowed Taraweeh prayers at the mosque/surau and bazaar with adherence to strict SOP's, although I still think it was a bad idea because we're not out of the woods yet.

For the first half of Ramadhan, I managed to perform my Taraweeh prayers at the nearby surau. Due to the social distancing requirement, I had to arrive earlier than usual just to get a spot. So, there was no lollygagging after iftar.

I had to finish the next 15 nights of Taraweeh at home with my family as the number of cases was increasing at a worrisome pace.


Our weekly moreh after Taraweeh at the nearby mamak also had to cancelled.

Kids Glad to Spend Ramadhan at Home

A week before Ramadhan, there was a COVID-19 case at the kids' school. So, it had to be closed. The kids always hated online classes, but it was a blessing in disguise as they didn't have to endure the scorching hot weather during Ramadhan.


Daanish managed to fast for 30 days and he actually made it look easy. Ayra, on the other hand only fasted for 15 days. She had to miss 15 days due to a toothache and her weekly gymnastics training.

Overall, it was an easy Ramadhan. It rained almost everyday and the entire month was quite cooling. However, I dreaded the fact that I was swamped with work, having to prepare for an important presentation after raya.

Let's pray that we get to live to see Ramadhan again and hope for a better one next year, in shaa Allah.
Previous Post Next Post