I Heart My October Babies

My wife and son share October as their birthday month. Their birthdays are only 9 days apart. So, for me, working out in October is basically useless because no matter how much I workout, I'd definitely gain weight.

Daanish's 11th Birthday

The baby who made us parents 11 years ago turned into a little man of his own version; Kind-hearted, soft-spoken, considerate, caring, fun and brilliant.


For his birthday, he asked for my homemade fudge brownies as his cake. He also requested to celebrate it at the top floor deck (like Ayra's) with nasi beriani as the dish of choice. Yes, he is very Melayu!

We made him work for his presents. Together with his sisters, they went on a scavenger hunt around the house solving clues and discovering surprises. We got him an Instax camera and a Sony PS4 wireless headset.

He was over the moon!

It is, however, unfortunate that he's now grounded from playing PS4 until he gets all A's for this semester. But at least he can use the wireless headset for his online classes.

Wife Gets to Celebrate Birthday with Her Sister

3 days before my wife's birthday, water supply in KL was disrupted for maintenance works. So, my SIL and her family spent a few days at our place (since our place was not affected). It was a blessing in disguise as she got to spend this year's birthday with her sister.

Kids were also very excited since they've not seen their cousins for months.

I didn't get her a birthday cake since my SIL said she's gonna get Lin's favorite mint chocolate chip ice cream cake from Baskin-Robbins. So, I bought choux and tarts from Misu Misu Pâtisserie instead and they taste amazing! It was worth paying for the RM50 delivery charge.


That evening, after spending the hot afternoon playing in the huge private pool at Lin's other sister's place in Country Heights, we had dinner, sang "Happy Birthday" to the birthday girl and ate a lot of sweet stuff.

It was a lovely day.
Previous Post Next Post